Welcome to I-Bagua,
you will not find the usual internal martial arts fluff here. Choose which link you want to dive into first...
- Breathing methods
- Stepping methods
- The eight mother palms – fixed upper body postures
- Simple partner training exercises to clarify body structure and power
- Context and guidelines for training
As I said this is a small book, and while it is not perfect I’m pretty happy with it.
Tired of reading overly grandiose, humourless, confusing or pseudo-scientific books on Qigong?
I was, so I wrote this one, based on the Daoist methods I learned from my teacher Luo Dexiu.
I wanted to give readers:
- a set of clear methods to use breath and movement as a way to meditate and find stillness
- Exercises and approaches to feel better in daily life
- Ways to connect Qigong and martial practices
- Ideas to cut through bullshit
- Something they could share with skeptical friends
Many people have told me that I succeeded, you decide for yourself.
Beginning Bagua is probably the most down to earth, practical book about Bagua currently available.
I wrote it with the goal of providing concrete, directly useful information on Bagua. It includes the basics of body use stepping, static posture training, Qigong, key movements, striking and throwing applications, circle walking as well as how Bagua’s intellectual framework applies to martial tactics and to general training.
Much of what you will find in this book is useful not just to practitioners of Bagua, but to martial artists in general.
Bagua is often presented as mysterious, complicated and difficult. It certainly requires study and practice, but this book provides the keys to make sense of the ‘abstract’ movements, to see the logic behind them and begin to develop useful skills. This book can save you a lot of grief and confusion!
Support this site
I'd like to have more time for research, to write and to share what I learn. If you like what you read here, if you have benefited from the ideas, descriptions, exercises and articles then you can help with a donation. It's all appreciated.